15 Local and Small Businesses for Christmas Gift Ideas in Cheyenne
I’m sure if you were on Facebook at all during the week of Thanksgiving, you saw friends sharing a post about boycotting Black
Friday Thursday. In an effort to get more shoppers, more funds, and more stock out before the Christmas holiday, an awful lot of big box stores opened on Thanksgiving.
The beef? Not only did it disrupt time with families, but folks everywhere said it put more negativity on a season already known for its rampant consumerism and material goods. This, they say, isn’t what the season should be about. To paraphrase the Grinch, Christmas will surely come “without packages, boxes, or bags. Maybe Christmas doesn’t come from a store. Maybe Christmas means a little bit more.”
This is definitely a reason why smaller, locally owned stores are getting a good portion of the Christmas shopping sales this year. And we’re happy to provide a smattering of local and small businesses in the Cheyenne area that have some great wares for your loved ones this season. Plus? Your purchases help support either a local shop, a local family, or the local community.
- Epitome Cosmetics Boutique: offers premier cosmetics and salon services, including bareMinerals, Too Faced, Smashbox, Novalash Extensions, Philosphy, Bumble & Bumbe and more.
- Wyoming Home: speciaizes in home furnishings that bring the west to life by incorporating elements from the Southwest, Mountain Lodge, Cowboy, Rocky Mountain, Pioneer and Ranch traditions.
- Prairie Pantry: a full-service kitchen and cooking store.
- The Statement: a premier women’s clothing boutique with accessories, jewelry and gifts for all ages.
- Real Deals on Home Decor: offering home decor items at prices you can’t ignore.
- J&W Mercantile: complete with a delightful mix of eclectic boutique gifts and vintage finds.
- Wyoming Pure Natural Beef: based in Wheatland, WY but offers free delivery to Cheyenne residents! Dedicated to promoting sustainable agriculture by selling the best quality beef.
- Sierra Trading Post: selling only the most tried-and-true selection of gear, clothing, shoes, sporting goods, and décor.
- Design Etc.: a home furnishings and decor business that combines rustic finishes with trend-setting urban styles.
- Madeleine’s Scents: offering fragrance products in a wide variety of smells and flavors.
- Wood’n Rock Engraving: specializes in sand blasting and laser engraving in rocks, wood, glass, leather and anything else that is engravable. No size is to small or to large, the sky is the limit.
- RJMAAD (Robert Johnson’s Metal Art and Designs): Creating metal wall art, using various techniques, and designs.
- The Paramount Cafe: a local specialty cafe that offers coffee, lattes, frappes, teas, cappuccinos, smoothies, iced beverages, live music and more.
- Ruby Juice: a fruit and smoothie vendor that caters to active lifestyles and hungry hearts. Also offers wraps, salads and other wholesome foods.
- Mitchell’s BBQ:offers high quality, affordable barbecue food and delicious side dishes. Ribs, Southern fried catfish, pulled pork sandwiches, and brisket.
Got one that you’d like to see on the list? Contact us and we’d be happy to let the community know about their local wares!