A Potato Salad From A Wyoming ‘Maw-Maw’ HAS To Be Good
You can open this link to Cooking with Ruthie, and meet Ruthie and family from Afton, Wyoming. Her grandmother did a tv show in the 1960s named, “What’s Cooking with Louise” and she had a potato salad recipe you might want to try.
Here it is. With a prep time of 30 minutes + cook time 15 minutes = 45 minutes, “Maw-Maw’s Potato Salad."
- 8 red potatoes
- 6 eggs
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 (8oz) dill relish, strained
- 2 Tbsp yellow mustard
- 1 C mayonaise (add more if necessary)
- Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Boil potatoes until fork inserts easily, drain, cool, refridgerate over night.
- Place eggs in cold water, bring boil for 2 minutes, remove from heat and cover with lid, let sit for 30 minutes. Rinse cold water. Refridgerate.
- Scrape the peels off the potatoes, cut into ¼ inch cubes.
- Place into large mxing bowl.
- Remove shells from eggs, cut into ¼ inch cubes, place into bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients and toss to coat.
- Place in fridge until serving.
- Enjoy Maw-Mawl's southern potato salad!