- Winds expected to begin across northern Carbon, Albany Counties as well as Arlington/Bordeaux as early as Tuesday early evening.
- Rawlins, Laramie, Wheatland and the South Laramie Range could see these strong winds beginning around Midnight Wednesday.
- Cheyenne and Douglas could see these winds begin around sunrise Wednesday.
- Not your typical high wind event for southeast Wyoming with low elevation areas seeing strong winds with this event. Gusts 70-75 mph expected for the wind prone areas (Arlington, Bordeaux, south Laramie Range). Laramie could see wind gusts 65-70 mph while Rawlins, Wheatland and Cheyenne expected to see wind gusts 60-65 mph.
- High Wind Watch has been issued for much of southeast Wyoming. See attached graphic that shows locations and onset times of strong winds.
We'll keep you informed of any changes in the forecast over the next 24 hours before the winds begin
- IMPACTS: Blowoff/Blowover risk EXTREME for light weight and high profile vehicles. Could see Interstates closed to these vehicles leading to a lot of semis around Cheyenne, Laramie, Rawlins as well as Douglas from these restrictions/road closures.