Cheyenne’s Top Five ‘Make Out’ Spots
All three Cheyenne high schools held their prom last weekend, which got us old timers reminiscing about our glory days many, many years ago.
Remember those summer nights as a teenager? You had a car, $5 in your pocket and, if you were lucky, a hot date.
Here’s our completely subjective, totally unofficial list of Cheyenne’s five best ‘make out’ spots.
1. The Depot Plaza – Whether is was during a Friday Night on the Plaza, a summer festival or on New Year’s Eve, if you’re from Cheyenne, chances are you’ve shared at least one kiss outside the Depot (and possibly a few that you’d rather forget).
2. Panorama Drive – On the north end town, just east of College, there’s a dirt road tucked behind the neighborhood that looks down on the city at night. Although the area around it has grown, it remains a popular destination for young lovebirds
3. The Lincoln Theater – If you’re young and broke, you won’t find a cheaper date in Cheyenne than the trusty old Lincoln. Couples have been making out at this landmark since 1927. If only those walls could talk.
4. The Lion’s Park Gazebo – Nestled between the Putt Putt Golf Course and the Botanical Gardens, this picturesque setting looks out over a pond and nearby Sloan’s Lake. Arguably, the most romantic place in the Capital City for a hot, steamy make out session.
5. Any Dirt Road 15 Minutes Outside of Cheyenne – Just pick any direction and start driving. 15 minutes later, stop at the most secluded dirt road you can find, and look up at the stars. For bonus points, demand a kiss every time you see a shooting star or meteor shower.