Colorado Flood Highway Update; Part of Interstate 25 Reopens
Have you come across any closed roads? The heavy rain and flooding has closed many roads and highways across Colorado and Wyoming.
A portion of Interstate 25 reopened about 7:30 p.m. on Friday, September 13, between Harmony Road and Denver both directions are now open. I-25 southbound from Cheyenne to Harmony Road near Ft Collins remains closed. There is no estimated time of reopening for the final section of highway, from Wyoming to Ft Collins, which is still being threatened by flood waters. The Colorado Department of Transportation suggests no unnecessary travel but offers possible detours.
-Southbound from Wyoming to Denver: US 85 south to US 34, west to I-25.
-Northbound from Denver to Wyoming: I-25 north to US 34, east to US 85, north to State Highway 14, west to I-25.
The following roadways are still closed according to CDOT:
· I-25 northbound /southbound ramps to State Highway 119
· I-70 eastbound off-ramp to Quebec Street
· I-70 eastbound off-ramp to southbound I-225
· U.S. 34 between Glade Road and Estes Park
· U.S. 34 from MP 114 to MP 117.25 east of Greeley
· U.S. 36 between Boulder and Estes Park
· US 85 from 42nd in Evans (MP 264.5) to County Road 44 in LaSalle (MP 258.5)
· U.S. 85 southbound at Wyoming for commercial vehicles
· U.S. 85 from 37th Street (MP 264.5) to County Road 49 in Greeley
· U.S. 287 at Big Thompson River in Loveland from SH 402 to 5th Street
· U.S. 287 in Fort Collins from MP 347 to MP 348
· US 287 from MP 307 (Isabella) to MP 310 (SH 52)
· US 287 southbound at Wyoming for commercial vehicles
· SH 7 between Lyons and Estes Park
· SH 8 between Morrison and U.S. 285
· SH 14 between Ted’s Place and Walden
· SH 52 eastbound from County Road (CR) 1 to U.S. 287
· SH 60 at CR 46
· SH 66 between 53rd Street (Longmont) and Lyons
· SH 66 between CR 13 and CR 19
· SH 72 between 72nd and 80th avenues
· SH 72 between SH 93 and SH 119 (Coal Creek Canyon)
· SH 83 (Parker Road) between Florida and Jewell avenues
· SH 119 between Boulder and Nederland (Boulder Canyon)
· SH 119 between County Line Road and I-25
· SH 170 from SH 93 to El Dorado Canyon State Park
· SH 257 between SH 60/Milliken to US 34
· SH 392 from I-25 (Larimer County Road 5) east to 17th Street in Windsor
Many highways and bridges will remain closed as a precaution until crews are able to evaluate whether or not they are safe for use.