District 2 Firefighters Respond to Structure Fire On Four Mile Road Wednesday
Laramie County Fire District #2 responded to a structure fire at 10900 East Four Mile Road, earlier Wednesday morning. The call came in at 1:15 a.m. as a fully involved detached garage fire. LCFD#2 apparatus arrived on scene, which was approximately 7.5 miles outside of Cheyenne, within 10 minutes.
The garage was within 15 to 20 feet from the house and upon arrival the corner of an enclosed porch and deck that was attached to the house, was beginning to catch fire. Crews made an initial attack and stopped the fire from spreading further. Assistant Chief of Operations, Manny Muzquiz said quick response time and immediate action by firefighters saved the house, “The garage was a complete loss but we were able to save their home, and that’s what really matters, especially so close to the holidays.” Damage to the home was very minimal and confined to the exterior.
The cause of the fire was a heat lamp in a chicken coop directly behind the garage. Total damage is estimated at $20,000. LCFD#2 would like to remind residents to use caution when using heat lamps in enclosed spaces.
Agencies that responded to assist included Cheyenne Fire and Rescue, Laramie County Fire District #1, Warren Air Force Base, Wyoming Air Guard, Laramie County Sheriff Department and AMR.