Grateful Dead’s Meet-Up at the Movies Night Showing at 17 Colorado Theaters
Have you always wanted to see the Grateful Dead in concert?
Well tonight, you can see the next best thing, never-before-seen footage from April 21, 1972, when the Grateful Dead performed on the German Rock and Roll Television show ‘Beat-Club’ is being show as the 4th annual ‘Meet-Up at the Movies’ night on July 17.
The band was on their European Tour in 1972 when they stopped by the TV studio in Bremen, located in northern Germany. They played a full nine songs, of which ‘One More Saturday Night’ was used on the actual ‘Beat-Club’ broadcast.
The 100-minute movie tonight features the entire 80-minutes filmed on 4-21-72 including flubs of ‘Truckin’,’Sugaree’ and a couple takes of ‘Playin’ in the Band.’ Jerry Garcia sings only two songs, Pigpen sings one and Bob Weir handles vocals on the other six.
More than 360 theaters nationwide will screen the film, including 17 theaters in Colorado, at 7:30 p.m. local time. Participating theaters in Colorado include:
- Fort Collins: Cinemark Theaters, 4721 S. Timberline Rd.
- Boulder: Century Theaters, 1700 29th St.
- Westminster: Orchards of Westminster 12, 14653 Orchard Parkway and Westminster Promenade 24, 10655 Westminster Blvd.
- Aurora: Aurora 16, 14300 E. Alameda Ave.
- Lakewood: Colorado Mills Stadium 16, 14500 W. Colfax Ave. and Bel Mar 16, 440 S. Teller St.
- Denver: Pavillions 15, 500 16th St. Suite 310
- Englewood: Regal River Point, 3565 S. Platte River Dr.