Here Are The Top U.S. College Football Teams Of All Time
With college football season starting Saturday, lets look at the top 5 of all time.This Saturday the University of Wyoming Cowboys take on the Montana Grizzlies at War Memorial Stadium. So, in the spirit of the start of the college football season, I thought I would highlight the top 5 college football teams of all time as noted on bleacherreport.com.
- Nebraska Cornhuskers – 1995 ranked 10-0. They averaged 50 plus point games and be 4 teams that year in the top 10.
- University of Southern California (USC) Trojans – 1972 ranked 12-0. The team went undefeated and beat Ohio State , 42-17 in the Rose Bowl that year and was considered the best football team in Trojan history.
- Army Black Knights – 1945 ranked 9-0. They dominated the college season back in 1945.
- Miami Hurricanes - 2001 ranked 12-0. They scored 512 points that year and only surrendered 117 points.
- Notre Dame Fighting Irish – 1924 ranked 10-0. Who doesn’t remember Coach Knute Rockne? The most celebrated team in Notre Dames history.
The Top 5 at 7:45 airs weekdays with me, Gary Freeman, and is sponsored by First Education Federal Credit Union.