In Search of ‘Father Figure’ to Host Backyard Barbecue
A craigslist ad went viral over the weekend, after a group of friends decided that their barbecues were missing a key element. Every barbecue wouldn’t be complete without the “Generic Father Figure.”
Just ahead of Father’s Day, a group of friends from Spokane, WA decided to put out an ad looking for a Dad. The following is what duties are required by whomever fills the position.
- Grilling hamburgers and hot dogs (whilst drinking beer, of course)
- Bringing your own grill (subject to change, but meat will be provided by party planners)
- Referring to attendees as Big Guy, Chief, Sport, Champ, etc.
- Talk about dad things like lawnmowers, building your own deck, Jimmy Buffet, etc.
The perfect candidate will meet the following qualifications:
- A minimum of 18 years experience as a father
- A minimum of 10 years grilling experience
- An appreciation of cold beer on a hot summer day
*Bonus points if your name is Bill, Randy or Dave.