John Lennon on Forbes’ 2013 Top-Earning Dead Celebrities List
Which dead celebrity took in the most money last year?
Topping the annual list put out by Forbes Magazine is Michael Jackson amassing more than $160 million in 2012. Meanwhile, the top-earning living celebrity for 2013 was Madonna taking in $125 million. This is the third year of the past five where the top-earning celebrity in the world wasn’t living. There are several more musicians in the top ten of the Forbes list and some surprises too. Take a look:
1. Michael Jackson $160 million
2. Elvis Presley $55 million
3. Charles M. Schulz $37 million
4. Elizabeth Taylor $25 million
5. Bob Marley $18 million
6. Marilyn Monroe $15 million
7. John Lennon $12 million
8. Albert Einstein $10 million
9. Bettie Page $10 million
10. Theodor Geisel $9 million
Would it be strange to be worth more after you’re gone than when you were alive?