Kaysen Asks For Fifth-Penny Support
Cheyenne Mayor Rick Kaysen says he is hoping Laramie County voters will once again support a list of projects proposed for fifth-penny sales tax funding over the next four years.
The Mayor says this year’s total for projects proposed for funding is $42.5 million. He says about 80 percent of that–or roughly $34 million–would go to road and street work in the area, which he says is badly needed. Kaysen says the remaining 20 percent goes to help fund a variety of local agencies ranging from the Cheyenne Animal Shelter to the Police Department and Cheyenne Fire and Rescue.
Kaysen says voters have strongly supported fifth penny funding proposals going back to the late 1970s, and says he hopes they will again this year.