South Dakota Man Dies During Hot Dog Eating Contest
Have you ever participated in a competitive eating contest?
Over the Independence Day holiday weekend, a Custer, South Dakota, man died after he choked during a hot dog eating contest.
Walter Eagle Tail began to choke while trying to win the contest on July 3, paramedics were quickly called in and he was transported by ambulance to Custer Regional Hospital where he died. The 47-year-old's death put a damper on the festivities, organizers cancelled their pie eating contest scheduled for the next day.
Custer County Sheriff Rick Wheeler said he wasn't sure if the death will prompt organizers to make changes to next year's contest.
Earlier this year, KING FM helped out with Taco John's Flaming Hot Cheetos Burrito eating contest and over the Fourth of July the annual Nathan's Hot Dog eating contest took place on Coney Island in New York.
Will this news make you reconsider entering your next eating competition?