The First Weekend Of Summer 2014 Is This Weekend And We’re Celebrating!
We made it to Summer 2014 -The solstice heralds the beginning of summer in the Northern Hemisphere. In 2014, the solstice falls on June 21 at 4:51AM our time.
Think back to -25 in February, a foot of snow or more on Mother’s Day. We’ve had enough. Winter began for me in Alaska in October 2013 and moved to Wyoming in December 2013. I never thought cold weather would end. We’ll kids, it’s over this Saturday. The first day of Summer.
Here’s a list of 20 things you can do with the kids, who always say there’s nothing to do.
- Invent a new type of pizza.
- Make a music video.
- Grow a tomato or sunflower plant.
- Walk barefoot through the grass.
- Build a sandcastle.
- Have a neighborhood dunk tank.
- Picnic at a local park.
- Make the best ice cream sandwich ever.
- Have an overnight movie marathon.
- Play Frisbee golf.
- Have a car wash to fund raise for a club or charity.
- Grab a blanket, spread it out in the grass and cloud watch.
- Make a handmade card for a friend.
- Bike five miles.
- Catch bugs.
- Eat the best banana split ever.
- Take a nap under a shade tree.
- Go swimming.
- Have a pool party.
- Play with water balloons.