Wyoming Donor Designations at All-Time High!
According to Donate Life Wyoming, in June 2013, 60.02% of people who received their driver license or state ID card at driver services said YES to organ, eye and tissue donation. For the first time Wyoming surpassed the 60% threshold. Thank you, Wyoming!
DID YOU KNOW?
- In Colorado and Wyoming, 2,726 people are currently waiting for a lifesaving organ transplant.
- Of those, 1,621 are currently waiting for a kidney – the organ most in need (73%) – and 552 are waiting for a liver (24%).
- One donor can save up to eight lives through organ donation and save and heal more than 100 lives through tissue donation.
- Your medical care is not affected in any way by your status as a registered donor.
- You are never too old or unhealthy to register to be a donor.
- There is no cost to the donor’s family for organ and tissue donation.
Do you have the donor hearts on YOUR license?