Mayor Appointees To Be Presented To City Council
The Sine Die Meeting of the City of Cheyenne Governing Body and the First Regular Meeting of the Governing Body will be held on Monday, January 5, 2015.
The Sine Die Meeting (final meeting of the 2014 year), which begins at 2:30 p.m., includes recognition of outgoing City Council members Sean Allen, Ward I; Dr. Mark Rinne, Ward II, who served as Council President in 2014; and Georgia Broyles, Ward III.
At 2:45 p.m. the First Regular Meeting of the Governing Body will begin with newly elected councilmembers taking the oath of office: Scott Roybal, Ward I; Richard Johnson, Ward III; and re-elected councilman Dr. Mark Rinne, Ward II. The Sine Die and First Regular City Council meeting will be held in City Council Chambers.
Due to the Sine Die and First Regular Meeting, the next regularly scheduled City Council Committee meetings will be held as follows: Finance Committee will meet at 11 a.m. on Tuesday, January 6, and Public Services Committee will meet at Noon on Wednesday, January 7. Both meetings will be held in Room 122, Municipal Building, 2101 O’Neil Ave.
Mayor Rick Kaysen has announced his appointees for the next two years, pending City Council approval during the First Regular City Council Meeting.
The appointees are:
· Matthew J. Ashby, Planning Services Director
· Paul S. Galeotos, Municipal Court Judge
· Randy K. Hays, Assistant City Treasurer (Board Of Public Utilities)
· Lois A. Huff, City Treasurer
· Carol A. Intlekofer, City Clerk/Assistant City Treasurer
· Ronnald J. Jeffrey, Juvenile Court Judge
· Brian N. Kozak, Chief of the Cheyenne Police Department
· James A. Martin, Chief of the Cheyenne Fire & Rescue Department
· Mark T. Moran, Municipal Court Judge
· Vicki Nemecek, Public Works Director
· Richard L. Parish, Parks and Recreation Director
· Daniel E. White, City Attorney
If approved, the appointees will serve for 2015 and 2016.