Mayor Orr Announces First ‘Monday With The Mayor’ Session Sept. 9
Cheyenne Mayor Marian Orr has announced that previously scheduled meetings with city council members will now be opened to the public, starting on Monday, Sept. 9. and continuing into December.
The meetings will be held two or three times a month from noon until 1 p.m. in the City Municipal Building at 2101 O'Neil Ave. They will also be streamed live on the city Facebook page.
Mayor Orr is billing the meetings as ''Mondays with the Mayor." Besides the mayor, Cheyenne City Council members and city staffers will be present. According to a release from Mayor Orr's office, the updates will be kept concise to allow for questions on the subject matter as well as general questions at the end of every meeting.
The meetings will feature a different topic every time, starting with ''Construction projects and community recreation/events updates" on Sept. 9.
The rest of the schedule is as follows:
- Sept 23rd Public safety and economic development updates
- Oct 14th Construction projects and city owned facilities updates
- Oct 28th Compliance and city attorneys update
- Nov 11th Office Closed - Holiday
- Nov 12th Construction projects and state legislation update
- Nov 25th STRAT OP update
- Dec 9th Capital Improvement Plan Update
- Dec 23rd No meeting