PROST! Downtown Cheyenne Oktoberfest Announces 2023 Celebration
The very first Oktoberfest was held in Munich, Germany, over two hundred years ago. But, the beer-filled tradition didn't arrive in Cheyenne until a few years ago - five years, to be exact.
This year marks the 5th Anniversary of Downtown Cheyenne's Oktoberfest. And it looks like it will be bigger and better than ever!
Downtown Cheyenne Oktoberfest Returns to the Depot Plaza
Mark your calendars - the 2023 Downtown Cheyenne Oktoberfest returns to the Depot Plaza on September 23. Admission to the festival is free (but you'll have to pay for the beer...), and the festival is family-friendly.
The brew-tastic event is welcoming back Sierra Nevada Brewing and Prost Brewing Company. Both brewers will bring back their Oktoberfest seasonal beers for festival-goers to enjoy - Prost's Marzen Lager and Sierra Nevada's Oktoberfest Seasonal.
Of course, there will be plenty of entertainment happening at the festival. Show off your muscles by competing in the stein hoisting competition, dress up in your finest lederhosen for a chance to win the costume contest, and dive into the tasty eats from food trucks.
This year, the festival will also feature fantastic live music courtesy of Rush Archives. The band covers some of the greatest hits by the rock icons of Rush.
Downtown Cheyenne Oktoberfest 2023 Details
- When: Saturday, September 23, from NOON to 8 p.m.
- Where: Cheyenne Depot Plaza (1 Depot Square)
- Cost: FREE admission (drinks and food vary.)
- Additional Info: Click here.
5 Fun Facts About Oktoberfest in Germany
- Insider reports that nearly 2 million gallons of beer are consumed yearly at the Munich festival.
- Oktoberfest is technically a Volksfest - a type of German festival that includes beer, food, and fair fun.
- Oktoberfest has only been canceled 24 times in its 200+ years of history - typically only for illness outbreaks and war.
- Adidas invented vomit-proof sneakers for Oktoberfest goers to wear. Yeah, really. You can find them here.
- Oktoberfest in Munich has its own pop-up Post Office, complete with themed postcards.