Based on what I've just watched, I believe this might be the worst year ever of people behaving badly with wildlife. A video has gone viral showing a woman hand-feeding a bear a chocolate chip cookie and I'm beside myself.
This happened in Washington state. There's a reason why I mention this. It's the story of a guy who woke up and realized he was being sniffed by a bear. He's fortunate because this could have ended up much worse.
We have seen some real crazy close calls with bears thanks to tourists who don't understand how dangerous wildlife can be, but this one takes the cake. A couple got way too close to a mama bear and nearly paid the ultimate price.