Kayla Woodward registered her 13th career double-double with 18 points and 12 rebounds to lead the Wyoming Cowgirls to an 82-41 victory over the Denver Pioneers.

Cowgirl head coach Joe Legerski said, "Tonight, we just got going early. I thought our defense was really good this evening, and this is what we talked about improving."

Wyoming (2-0) used a 17-0 run early in the first half to take control. They trailed Denver 4-2 just over a minute into the game before the defense took center stage. The Pioneers were held scoreless over the next six minutes. Marquelle Dent scored five points within a minute to start the spurt, and the Cowgirls broke out to a 19-4 lead with 13:18 left in the half.

They dominated the rest of the way.

Woodward said,

"We just really came out with some fire tonight and really showed 'em how we play."

It was a game very similar to the opening win last Monday.

UW led 48-17 at halftime. In fact, they held Denver to only five field goals in the first 20 minutes of action.

It was more of the same in the second half. After each team scored, the Cowgirls rattled off ten straight points for a 60-19 advantage. Their largest lead was 44 points, which came with 3:55 left.

Two other Wyoming players finished in double figures. Dent had 11 points, six rebounds and seven assists. Rader added another 11 points, plus three assists and two blocked shots. Woodward's double-double came in only 26 minutes of play.

The Cowgirls shot 30-69 (43.5%) from the field. They were a bit off from deep, going only 5-24 (21%). They finished 17-19 (89.5%) at the foul line. UW dominated on the backboards with a 53-32 edge and also dished out 22 assists. Wyoming was able to take advantage of 15 Pioneer turnovers and got 20 points off of them.

Denver (0-2) was led by Jesse Spittel with 10 points and 8 rebounds. The Pioneers shot 27 percent from the floor. They were only 1-14 from 3-point range.

Dent said, "The biggest thing coach wanted was to take away their 3-point shot and have them kick it inside. Every time they went inside, we just stayed on their 3-point shooters. I think we did a really good job of that, taking away their 3, and you could tell they struggled to shoot inside."

UW will return to the court Tuesday, when they face the Idaho Vandals at the Arena-Auditorium. The game is set for a 7 p.m. start.