Colorado Road Closures
Highway closures continue in areas of Denver, portions of northern Colorado and points west of the Front Range today due to flooding, and rock and mudslides.
Due to the amount of saturation and possible unstable conditions of state highways, the Colorado Department of Transportation (CDOT) advises motorists to avoid travel unless absolutely necessary in the following counties: Boulder, Larimer, Weld, Jefferson, Clear Creek and Gilpin.
Weather and flooding in these counties will continue to impact roadways. Additionally, while a roadway may appear passable, those near water flow may have damage that may not be apparent. Many highways and bridges will remain closed as a precaution until crews are able to evaluate whether or not they are safe for use.
The following roadways are closed to traffic (both directions unless noted):
· Interstate 70 westbound at Beaver Brook (rockslide
east of Twin Tunnels) - Anticipate one lane traffic in each
direction open in approximately one hour
· Interstate 25 southbound from Wyoming border
to SH 402
· Interstate 25 northbound from State Highway (SH) 7 to SH 14
· Interstate 25 southbound SH 14 to SH 402
· I-25 Northbound / Southbound Ramps to State Highway 119
· I-70 eastbound off-ramp to Quebec Street
· I-70 eastbound off-ramp to southbound I-225
· U.S. 6 (Vasquez Boulevard) between 60th Avenue and 74th Avenue
· U.S. 34 between Glade Road and Estes Park
· U.S. 36 eastbound from Table Mesa Drive to 96th Street
· U.S. 36 between Boulder and Estes Park
· SH 119 between Boulder and Nederland (Boulder Canyon)
· SH 119 between County Line Road and I-25
· SH 14 between Ted’s Place and Walden
· U.S. 287 at Big Thompson River in Loveland
· SH 7 between Lyons and Estes Park
· SH 8 between Morrison and U.S. 285
· SH 30 (Havana Street/Aurora) at Alameda Avenue
· SH 44 (104th Avenue) at Riverdale Road
· SH 52 eastbound from County Road (CR) 1 and U.S. 287
· SH 60 at CR 46
· SH 66 between 53rd Street (Longmont) and Lyons
· SH 66 between CR 13 and CR 19
· SH 72 between 72nd and 80th avenues
· SH 72 between SH 93 and SH 119 (Coal Creek Canyon
· SH 72 at Allenspark
· SH 74 at CR 73 (Evergreen)
· SH 83 (Parker Road) between Florida and Jewell avenues
· SH 93 between 64th Avenue and SH 128
· SH 265 (Old Brighton Road) at Colorado Boulevard (Commerce City)
Again, CDOT is advising the public to avoid all travel on state highways and bridges in areas where excessive rain and flooding has occurred unless absolutely essential.
Currently CDOT's cotrip.org is experiencing technical difficulties. Contact 511 for complete closure information or CDOT Mobile.