Dancing With The Stars Pairs UP! [VIDEO]
Dancing with the Stars season 15 pairs were announced Monday on ABC’s Good Morning America, pairing professionals with celebrity all-stars.
Now I can’t speak for anyone but myself, but I don’t nor would I watch this kind of programming…EVER! But I have found that this show is a lot of people’s little guilty pleasure…men and women! So out of respect for you and what you like to watch…I figured I’d go ahead and share the information with you. Maybe I’ll try to catch a show this season…find out what all the fuss is about!
While some all-star contestants are returning to compete with their original partners — such as actress Kristie Alley and pro Maksim Chmerkovskiy, and reality star Bristol Palin and Mark Ballas — others will have to compete with all-new partners. For example, former DWTS champions Apolo Anton Ohno and Shawn Johnson will be paired with Karina Smirnoff and Derek Hough, respectively. And defending pro-champ Peta Murgatroyd, who won her first mirror ball trophy last season with NFL star Donald Driver, is set to tango with French actor Gilles Marini.
While 12 pairs were announced Monday, a 13th competitor will be chosen by viewers, who have until Aug. 24 at noon PT to vote for the final contestant. Fashion commentator Carson Kressley, singer Sabrina Bryan and Disney Channel star Kyle Massey, have all been campaigning for that final slot. The winner will be announced on GMA on Monday, Aug. 27.
Here’s the full list of celebrity-pro pairs:
- Kirstie Alley and Maksim Chmerkovskiy
- Pamela Anderson and Tristan McManus
- Helio Castroneves and Chelsie Hightower
- Joey Fatone and Kym Johnson
- Shawn Johnson and Derek Hough
- Drew Lachey and Anna Trebunskaya
- Gilles Marini and Peta Murgatroyd
- Kelly Monaco and Valentin Chmerkovskiy
- Apolo Anton Ohno and Karina Smirnoff
- Bristol Palin and Mark Ballas
- Melissa Rycroft and Tony Dovolani
- Emmitt Smith and Cheryl Burke
ABC’s Dancing With the Stars: All Stars will premiere on Monday, Sept. 24 at 8 p.m. ET.