Five Ways Your Cell Phone is Making You Ugly
For most of us, our phone is the first and last thing we look at every day. And that’s bad . . . because it might be making you ugly.
Yahoo just released a list of five issues that are supposedly caused by your phone.
1. Dark Circles Under Your Eyes. Studies show that cell phone screens emit radiation that causes headaches and keeps you awake. And a lack of sleep can create dark circles under your eyes, stress, and depression.
So experts say that if you have to look at your phone while you’re in bed, you should dim the brightness setting. And hold it at least 14 inches from your face. Hopefully that won’t make your arm tired.
2. Crow’s Feet. If you squint when you read email, web pages, or ANYTHING on your phone, you’re causing wrinkles. So either train your face NOT to squint, or switch to a larger font.
3. Acne. Your cell phone has 18 times more bacteria on it than the average toilet handle. And you press it up against your face ALL DAY. So it’s easy for germs to get on your skin, where they can cause break-outs and infections.
Experts say you should swab your phone with alcohol at least once a day. Or you can buy special cell phone sanitizer for about $50 bucks. Or just use a cloth.
4. Turkey Neck. Also known as “text neck.” You get it from looking down at your cell phone for any reason. If your jawline starts to sag, the only cure is surgery. So quit looking down at your phone.
5. Bloodshot Eyes. No one looks good with red eyes, but if you stare at your cell phone for hours you’ll end up with swollen, dilated blood vessels. So don’t look at your phone unless you absolutely have to. And use eye drops.