Foods You Should NEVER Feed Your Pets
Lets face it, when it comes to our animals, we tend to spoil them from time to time. I’m guilty of this every time I go to the store and end up with another cat nip toy that my cats will eventually loose under the couch that I’ll find 6 months later. But when it comes to giving your pets human food as a treat, you might want to think twice about what you’re giving them because these little “human food treats” could be very dangerous for your pet!
“Real Simple Magazine” came out with a list of these dangerous foods that you should never feed your dog, cat or bird. Those foods include:
- Chocolate! Now I’ve heard that it was dangerous, but never really knew why, until now. Chocolate stimulates your pets’ heart and nervous system, and it’s dangerous for all pets, but especially dogs.
- Grapes or raisins. I’m lucky, I’ve got 2 cats, who probably look at me like I was off my rocker if I tried to feed them a grape or raisin, but both are poisonous to cats because it could cause damage to their kidneys.
- Garlic and onions. Both can cause anemia in cats and dogs.
- Macadamia Nuts. I couldn’t imagine giving Macadamia nuts to your dogs, seeing as though they’re extremely expensive, but here’s another reason, the can cause muscle and nervous system damage to dogs.
- Avocados. According to this article is dangerous to most species, I know it is to my diet if I mash them up and grab a bag of corn chips, but avocados are bad for birds, damaging their heart muscle!
- Alcoholic drinks. I didn’t even think this would have to be on the list, seeing as though that one should be a given, but alcohol is bad for all species, because it causes damage to their nervous system.
Have you ever had a sick pet because of something they ate?