Independence Day Eats – Red, White and Blue Salsa Recipe
We are getting ready for one of the biggest food holidays of the year. 4th of July weekend is almost here, and it doesn’t always have to be hot dogs and hamburgers. If you are looking to make something that will add a little “WOW” to your BBQ this weekend, check out a dish that is sure to make Donald Trump rethink the wall. Try the Red, White and Blue Salsa.
Thanks to Chris Scheuer and Yummly for the recipe
- For the dressing:
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2-3 teaspoons honey, start with 2 and add more if needed
- 1 medium jalapeno, finely chopped
- 1 small clove garlic, finely minced
- ¼ teaspoon salt
For the salsa:
- ¾ cups diced jicama
- ½ cup finely diced white onion*
- 1 cup diced fresh strawberries
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- ½ cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- Combine all ingredients for the dressing in a small bowl. Stir well till combined. Set aside.
- Set aside 1 tablespoon of the chopped cilantro.
- Just before serving, combine all salsa ingredients (except reserved cilantro) in a medium size bowl. Pour dressing over and mix gently to combine. Sprinkle with a bit of the reserved cilantro and serve.