Own Less, Be Happier [VIDEO]
Subscribe to 101.9 KING-FM on
A lot of people think they would be happier if we could afford MORE stuff. But you might be better off if you got RID of stuff. Lifehack.org came up with nine benefits of owning less stuff . . .
1. You spend less money buying stuff in the first place, and less to maintain it.
2. You cut down on stress, since you have less to worry about. Lots of studies show that people who own less are happier than when they owned more.
3. You have more freedom. You spend less time and effort dealing with your stuff, so you can be more productive and do what you LOVE.
4. You can get BETTER stuff. When you cut down, you can afford to spend more on the things you really need.
5. Less clutter makes your house look better, and easier to clean.
6. You set a good example for your kids, and they won’t be as messy.
7. You won’t lose things as often. And when you do, you’ll find them more quickly.
8. Your possessions will communicate your true priorities. You won’t be as tied to the past, and when you cut back, whatever is left will be the things you value most. So people will see your things and know at a glance what’s most important to you.
9. It’s better for the environment.
I wanted one of those tiny powered speakers from a Cheyenne Frontier Days vendor. It was eating at me for a few days. I passed it by, and now I am glad I did. It’s just more stuff.
Look at rich guys Bill Gates and Warren Buffet giving away their billions. How much stuff do you need? I think the more you possess, the more those things possess you. I find it really is better to give than to receive. I also believe the people in your life are the true gold. Kim Kardashian is uber-rich, but what does she do for others? How can you have a $300,000 crib for your baby when others are starving. Sorry, I’ll stop now.
What do you think?