The Cheyenne Police Department Is Throwing A Party
Cheyenne Police Department is having their annual Neighborhood Night Out.
It will be taking place Tuesday, evening, July 10, between the hours of 5 p.m. and 9 p.m. It happens in more than two dozen neighborhood's across the city. The event brings the neighborhood's and the police department together, allowing everyone to meet, it's all about having a good time together.
Most neighborhoods will have a variety of music, food, games and chances to interact with the local police department like they normally wouldn't get do. Also, you will not be hanging out with the same officers all night, they will be moving from party to party.
You will be able meet and greet every section of the police department. The K9 unit will be there, members from the SWAT team, mounted patrol, detectives and patrol officers will all be dispersed throughout the town on Tuesday evening.
The parties are more like a "show and tell," giving people a chance to actually speak to officers on a one-to-one basis. Rather than talking to the police only when the civilian is either in trouble, hurt or what ever the case called for. It's a chance to ask questions that have been on your mind for a while, give your input as to what is going on right there on your street, let them know what you see everyday but they don't.
Cheyenne Police Department spokesman Officer Kevin Malatesta said, "The goal is to strengthen community ties. We want neighbors to get to know one another and get to know who's around them." Malatesta also said "that's probably the biggest part of it."
Although the parties will be happening throughout the city, the CPD will be having their own celebration at the Cheyenne Depot Plaza, with food, drinks, DJs and more.
List of parties:
- Pioneer and Sixth Avenue, 6-9 p.m.
- Highlands United Presbyterian Church at Mountain Road and Pattison Avenue, 5-7 p.m.
- Neighborhood Center on F.E. Warren Air Force Base, 5:30-8 p.m.
- 5800 block of Bourne Place, 5-8 p.m.
- 7700 block of Hawthorne Drive, 5-9 p.m.
- 7200 block of Bomar Drive, 6-8 p.m.
- 6800 block of Valley View Place, 5-8:30 p.m.
- Grace United Methodist Church, 2950 Spruce Drive, 5-8 p.m.
- Boys and Girls Club, 515 W. Jefferson Road, 5:30-8 p.m.
- 3672 Foxcroft Road, 5:30-8 p.m.
- Cheyenne Depot Plaza, 6-8 p.m.
- Fox Crest Townhomes, 4300 block of Cox Court, 5-8 p.m.
- 3622 Saratoga St., 6-8 p.m.
- 3501 Forest Drive, 6-8 p.m.
- 4426 Springer Court, 5:30-8 p.m.
- 5200 block of Bowie Drive, 5:30-8 p.m.
- The Pointe Park, 5:30-8:30 p.m.
- Cahill Park, 5:30-8 p.m.
- Jaycee Park, 6-8 p.m.
- 4505 E. Seventh St., 5-9 p.m.
- 3000 block of Homestead Avenue, 5-9 p.m.
- United Health Care, 2700 E. 12th St., 4-8 p.m.
- Lincoln Park, 6-8 p.m.
- Community of Christ Church, 3525 McCann Ave., 6-8 p.m.
- 700 E. 20th St., 6-8 p.m.
- Sun Valley Park, 6-9 p.m.