The Most Memorable Female TV Characters
March is Women's History Month. Time to celebrate the contributions women have made to society. TVsquad.com came up with a list of the 100 Most Memorable Female TV Characters. The most powerful women in television history, cartoon or real, are on the list.
Here are the top 10:
10. Edith Bunker on All in the Family-played by Jean Stapleton
9. Claire Huxtable on The Cosby Show-played by Phylicia Rashad
8. Veronica Mars of Veronica Mars-played by Kristin Bell
7. Carmela Sorano on The Sopranos-played by Edie Falco
6. Buffy Summers on Buffy the Vampire Slayer-Sarah Michelle Geller
5. Elaine Benes on Seinfeld-Julia Louis-Dreyfus
4. Peggy Olson on Mad Men-Elisabeth Moss
3. Lucy Ricardo on I Love Lucy-Lucille Ball
2. Laura Roslin on Battlestar Galactica-Mary McDonnell
1. Mary Richards on The Mary Tyler Moore Show-Mary Tyler Moore
The entire 100 ranges from Glee's Sue Sylvester played by Jane Lynch to Police Woman Pepper Anderson portrayed by Angie Dickinson. Miss Piggy and Marge Simpson even made the list.
I saw two actresses who had two characters in the top 100; Bea Arthur's Maude Findlay came in at 20 while The Golden Girls Dorothy Zbornak was placed 40th, Katey Segal's Peg Bundy on Married With Children was 46 and her character on the new series Sons Of Anarchy Gemma Teller was ranked 66th.
Who do you think is the most memorable female TV character?