30th Annual Chugwater Chili Cook-Off Happens Saturday, June 20
Have you ever been to the Chugwater Chili Cook-Off?
The annual event held at the Chugwater town park celebrates three decades this Saturday, June 20, with chili, music, tractors, airplanes, arts & crafts and more fun for the whole family.The 30th annual Chugwater Chili Cook-Off runs from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Saturday, June 20, just north of Cheyenne on Interstate 25. Events include:
- Art & Quilt Show at the Community Center
- Tractor Show at town park
- Remote Control Plane Expo & Flying Demonstrations
- Chili Showmanship Competition
- Tug of War
- Children's Activities at Park Shelter area
- Quick Draw Contest
- Dead Cowboy Contest
- Jalapeno Eating Contest
- Awards Ceremonies
And of course, there will be lots of chili to sample and beer to drink as well as soft drinks and other food available. Lots of vendors will be on hand and live entertainment will be offered throughout the day featuring:
- Jim Jones Western Songs & Western Stories-10 a.m. to noon
- The Chugwater Band-noon to 2 p.m.
- Southern Fryed-2 p.m. to 4 p.m.
Tickets for the Chugwater Chili Cook-Off will be available on Saturday and the cost is $10 for adults and free for children under 12. Chugwater is the home of the official headquarters for Chugwater Chili Mixes, you can visit their museum.
The town of Chugwater reminds attendees that there's still no gas available, since their only station and convenience store burned down, so remember to fill up your tank in Cheyenne or Wheatland. Also, no ATM's are available in Chugwater.