Firework From Wyoming Pyro Convention Lands Inside A Home
A family in Gillette has been temporarily relocated after a firework from the Pyrotechnic Guild International Convention landed inside their house on Saturday night.
The family was watching the show from their lawn when the stray firework fell through their roof, starting a small fire in an upstairs room. Nobody was injured and the homeowner was able to extinguish the blaze before Campbell County Firefighters arrived minutes later, according to County 17.
PGI pledged to pay for the damage to the home. They are also working with local agencies to investigate the cause of the accident and have altered the convention fireworks show to prevent any similar incidents.
Now in its 50th year, the weeklong PGI Convention draws hundreds of fireworks manufacturers to the Cam-Plex Morningside Park in Gillette, who compete for the biggest booms during four public displays. This year's event culminates on Saturday night with a grand finale featuring several of the largest fireworks in the world.