Five Tasty Drink Recipes For Wyoming Governor Matt Mead’s New $200,000 Kitchen and Bar
While widespread layoffs continue across the Cowboy State, Wyoming Governor Matt Mead is living large.
The Governor's Residence Foundation, a non-profit organization funded primarily by the energy industry, is spending over $200,000 to remodel the kitchen and bar in the Governor's mansion.
After recently announcing over $240 million in budget cuts for state agencies, cleary, Governor Mead could use a drink.
With that in mind, here are five delicious cocktail recipes for the Governor's swanky new bar and kitchen.
1. The Old Faithful - Named for its geyser-like effect, this drink is similar to a boiler maker. Drop a shot of whiskey in a glass of your favorite local beer and chug.
Since Governor Mead's brother Sam owns the Wyoming Whiskey company, his bar should be fully stocked.
2. The Chris Le-Dew - Named in honor of Wyoming's native son Chris LeDoux, this drink is made with vodka, Mountain Dew and a splash of 307 "Just LeDoux It" red wine from the Weston Winery in Sheridan.
3. Cowboy Coffee - On a cold Wyoming day, a cup of Cowboy Coffee will warm you up faster than a coal powered furnace. Just mix 1/2 cup of your favorite coffee with two shots of Fireball Cinnamon Whiskey and a spoonful of honey.
4. Wyoming Cowpie - The perfect after-dinner drink when you're hosting large campaign donors and powerful lobbyists, this dessert in a glass is made with butterscotch schnapps and chocolate flavored liqueur.
5. Devil's Tower - In order to properly thank the generous benefactors who funded his fancy new bar, Mead should throw a big party and serve a giant bowl of Devil's Tower Punch.
Similar to "jungle juice", Devil's Tower Punch includes vodka, gin, whiskey, tequila and rum mixed with Red Bull, syrup, Sprite and Fanta.
Honorable Mention: Cowboy Kool-Aid - Created by the Koltiska Distillery in Sheridan, this drink features their KO90 with cranberry juice and a splash of Rockstar.