Frontier Mall in Cheyenne to Reopen Friday May 1
In a statement posted on its website, the Frontier Mall in Cheyenne will reopen on Friday May 1, 2020 after being closed since mid-March as part of efforts to slow the spread of COVID-19 in Cheyenne.
The mall will be open from 11:00 AM until 7:00 PM, Monday through Saturday and 12:00 PM to 6:00 PM on Sundays.
Mall management says that each store in the mall may have different hours, so folks are encouraged to call ahead.
The management also adds that they have implemented a number of protective measures to protect people's health.
Statement from the Frontier Mall:
We are taking the following measures* in our shopping center:
- We will follow all applicable guidelines set forth by local officials and/or health departments.
- Encourage everyone on property to follow social distancing guidelines.
- Prohibit groups of more than 10 people congregating in the mall common area.
- Mall events are cancelled or postponed until further notice.
- Closed until further notice:
- Food court seating areas
- Children’s play area
- Soft seating areas and common area gathering spaces
- Drinking fountains
- Require mall management staff to wear masks while in common areas, public spaces or when other individuals are present.
- Require all vendors and contractors to wear masks in the common areas, public spaces or when other people are present.
- Encourage our retailers to provide their employees with masks and that employees wear masks while interacting with others, when in the mall common area or public spaces.
- Place hand sanitizer units throughout the property.
- Conduct temperature checks on all mall management, security and janitorial staff upon the start of each shift. Require that anyone with a fever of 100.4 F or higher and/or anyone experiencing other symptoms return home and contact their healthcare provider.
- Increase the frequency of cleaning and sanitizing all high-traffic common areas with an enhanced focus on all touch points with CDC-recommended cleaning agents.
- Require each store and restaurant to follow applicable guidelines set forth by relevant government orders; which could include but is not limited to: occupancy restrictions, social distancing markers in checkout lines, cleaning and sanitizing procedures, and the closure of fitting rooms.
*Please note: additional measures may be put into place or adjusted based on updated recommendations from the CDC or local health and governmental agencies."
ORIGINAL STORY 3/21/20
In a statement posted on its website, the Frontier Mall in Cheyenne will close at 9:00 PM on Saturday, March 21. The mall will remain closed until further notice.
"In accordance with the order issued by the Cheyenne-Laramie County Health Department on March 21, Frontier Mall will close effective March 21 at 9 p.m. until further notice. We will provide additional information as it becomes available.
Certain restaurants may remain open for take-out, curbside pick-up or delivery services only, please call ahead."