Cheyenne Police Cracking Down on Impaired Drivers This Labor Day Weekend
Labor Day weekend is one of the deadliest in terms of impaired driving fatalities, and Cheyenne police are reminding folks to "Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over."
The department says officers will be out in full force today through Labor Day looking for motorists under the influence of drugs and alcohol.
"The goal of the enforcement campaign is to drastically reduce deaths and serious injuries caused by impaired driving,” said Chief Mark Francisco.
"This should be a time for friends and family to enjoy the final days of summer," Francisco added. "Impaired driving puts everyone at risk."
The department recommends these safe alternatives to drinking and driving:
- Remember that it is never okay to drink and drive. Designate a sober driver or plan to use public transportation or a ride service to get home safely.
- If you see a drunk driver on the road, contact the dispatch center at 307-637-6525 or dial 911.
- If you see a friend or family member about to drink and drive, take the keys away and make arrangements to get them home safely.
2022's Deadliest Wyoming County by Traffic Deaths
- 3 Dead After Semis Collide on I-80 East of Cheyenne
- Wyoming Highway Patrol Releases More Details in Fiery I-80 Crash That Killed 3