Oh The Things You’ll See While Traveling On The Cheyenne Greenway!
There is nothing like jogging, biking or just taking a nice stroll on the Cheyenne Greeenway. However, that's not to say you won't see some entertaining things on the path.
The Cheyenne Greenway serves as a safe and accessible path for residents and visitors to enjoy throughout the year. It's been said that there are about 37 miles of the path that are completed, with more to come.
We talked to some listeners and they shared some of their experiences while taking advantage of the path. Here is what they said they've seen along the Cheyenne Greenway.
- Disillusioned Dog Owner - One man said he was using the Greenway and a woman's dog began to chase him. As he strove to run away from the silly thing, the woman shouted out, "Leave My Dog Alone!" And yes, she was serious. Talk about not taking personal responsibility with your dogs. Sheeesh.
- Decorative Dog Poo - Evidently, people did not get the memo about picking up after your pet. One man said he often sees dog poo along the sides of the path and, if you're not careful, you might get some on your good running shoes.
- Teens Making Out - If you don't have a car or a bike to get to 'Inspiration Point', why not create your own inspiration on the side of the Cheyenne Greenway? One user of the path said he sees local teens sucking face and necking along the path of the Greenway. Not that running wouldn't do the job, but this might also help to get your heart rate up.
- Herds of Random People - One jogger said he and his fiance' always notice random people huddling in the same spot all the time. He wasn't sure if they were Walmart shoppers or if they have some 'other business' going on. He never stopped to ask them.
- Proper Path Users - Then there are those who use the Greenway properly. You'll see joggers, runners, bikers, strollers, walkers and skaters enjoying the path all year around. Wow! There is still hope for proper use.