Wyoming Makes Top-10 Best For Doctors To Practice
In Cheyenne, I’ve heard: “If you want good medical care, go to Colorado.”
Is Colorado more attractive to good doctors than Wyoming? No, Wyoming is number 10 0n WalletHub’s list of 2018’s Best & Worst States for Doctors. Colorado is #14. Rock Springs and Evanston compete with Salt Lake City, Sheridan with Billings and Gillette with South Dakota in many cases. People's opinions are their reality, does this information change yours?
Mouse-over the interactive map and you will see other Wyoming Neighbors made the Top 10. Montana is ranked #8 best, Idaho #3, Nebraska #2 and South Dakota is thee best state for doctors to practice medicine.
Practicing in Wyoming (1=Best, 25=Avg.):
- 12th – Avg. Annual Wage of Physicians (Adjusted for Cost of Living)
- 4th – Avg. Monthly Starting Salary of Physicians (Adjusted for Cost of Living)
- 11th – Hospitals per Capita
- 3rd – Projected % of Population Aged 65 & Older by 2030
- 17th – Projected Physicians per Capita by 2024
- 6th – Malpractice Award Payout Amount per Capita
Most medical school graduates leave campus owing just under $200,000 in debt. That’s one thing to consider when deciding where to hang out a shingle. Things have also gotten more complicated with modern networks in hospitals, the baby boom jamming the system, complicated insurance dealings, and health-care reform.
See the full report on why Wy is one of the most attractive states for doctors and the reasoning HERE,