Wyoming Prepares for Coronavirus as States Risks Remain Low
The risk of the coronavirus in Wyoming is still low according to the Wyoming Department of Health, even though the reported number of cases continues to grow worldwide. Though the risk is low, the state is closely tracking the virus and preparing should the risk to Wyoming residents change.
The symptoms for the coronavirus include mild to severe respiratory illness with fever, cough, and shortness of breath. The Wyoming Department of Health stated that to avoid the spread of influenza or any other respiratory illness residents should follow several steps.
- Avoid close contact with sick people.
- While sick, limit contact with others as much as possible.
- Stay home if sick.
- Cover nose and mouth when coughing or sneezing. Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth. Germs spread this way.
- Clean and disinfect surfaces and objects that may be contaminated with germs.
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
For more information on the coronavirus and Wyoming, please follow the link here.
For more information on the coronavirus and its national and international status according to the CDC, please follow the link here.