Cowgirls of the West Brunch and Fashion Show Recap [PHOTOS]
The 16th annual Cowgirls of the West Brunch and Fashion Show offers a unique morning full of shopping, eating and catching up. All proceeds from the event benefit the local Cowgirls of the West Museum, as well as scholarships and events hosted throughout the year.
The event format is generally the same from year to year:
- Silent auction items are on tables, so people can walk around when they first get there and bid on items.
- An open bar in the lobby areas offer mimosas and bloody marys for a minimal fee ($4.50)
- Brief welcome to the event, followed by brunch being served (this year was quiche, steak, diced potatoes, tomato, and chocolate mousse cake).
- A brief prayer is followed by the introduction of the year’s Cowgirl honoree.
- You’ll have another chance to bid on auction items and buy raffle tickets.
- A brief fashion show with wares from around town and Little America is put on by local models.
- Raffle tickets are pulled (multiple prizes are offered usually)
- Brunch wraps up, you have an opportunity to buy items from vendors on-site, and pay for silent auction items.