Eagles ‘The Long Run’ is September’s ‘Album Side Sunday’
Do you own a copy of the Eagles 1979 album? On ‘Your Sunday Brunch’ we’ll be spinning side one of ‘The Long Run’ in the 8 o’clock hour.
The southern California band plays the Pepsi Center in Denver Saturday, October 5, so we’re getting you ready for the show by featuring them on our ‘Album Side Sunday.’‘The Long Run’ was the last studio album to include Don Felder and the first with Timothy B. Schmit who replaced founding member Randy Meisner. Rounding out the band are Don Henley, Glenn Frey and Joe Walsh.
Tracks on side one are:
1. ‘The Long Run’ with lead vocals by Don Henley, slide guitar by Joe Walsh and organ by Don Felder.
2. ‘I Can’t Tell You Why’ sung by Timothy B. Schmit with guitar solos by Glenn Frey.
3. ‘In The City’ with Joe Walsh on lead vocals and slide guitar.
4. ‘The Disco Strangler’ sung by drummer Don Henley.
5. ‘King of Hollywood’ Don Henley and Glenn Frey share lead vocals.
‘The Long Run’ was the Eagles last studio album until 2007 when ‘The Long Road Out of Eden’ was released. Tune in at 8 a.m. and hear side one on ‘Your Sunday Brunch’ September 29, 2013.
Thanks to Trenda Allen for the request on our facebook page.