Gear up for gameday: Colorado State
LARAMIE -- Since 2009, Wyoming has hoisted the Bronze Boot eight times.
That equates to a pair of four-game winning streaks during that 12-game stretch. The Pokes were victorious in Fort Collins four times, too.
There was the infamous Austyn Carta-Samuels stiff arm, Alvester Alexander's five-touchdown day, a Mike Purcell safety and a Blair Burns 99-yard pick six that propelled the first run.
MISS ANY UW FOOTBALL NEWS THIS WEEK?
* 3 keys to beating the Rams
* Show us your picks: Week 10
* Did Wyoming's offensive line turn the corner last Saturday?
* PRESS PASS: Playin' be the bay
* Logan Wilson isn't shocked by Chad Muma's rise to stardom
* Trey McBride: 'We recruited him hard'
* CSU's Steve Addazio no fan of losing in-state kids to Wyoming
* 113th edition of the Border War kicks off Saturday in Laramie
* Josh Allen -- surprise, surprise -- a big hit on 'Manning cast'
* Cowboys in the NFL: Week 8
* Pokes news and notes
* Eberhardt's UW career likely over after 'significant knee injury'
* Muma lands on semifinalist list for Bednarik Award
* UW's Muma named one of 16 finalists for Butkus Award
* UW punter again named MW Freshman of the Week
* Border War Blitz fundraising campaign kicks off this week
Colorado State got a front row seat to the Josh Allen experience in 2016 and '17. Wyoming's quarterback ran by the Rams' defense. Brian Hill ran through it -- literally.
That's how this rivalry came to an end inside Hughes Stadium.
How did the Cowboys open brand-spanking new Canvas Stadium?
A freshman quarterback, in the first start under center in his UW career, tossed two touchdown passes and ran for another. His name is Sean Chambers. In 2019, Levi Williams made his collegiate debut on a sub-freezing night inside War Memorial Stadium. He completed both of his passes and crashed into the end zone to give the Cowboys an insurmountable lead.
Logan Wilson capped that 17-7 win with an interception. The All-American linebacker never lost to the Pokes bitter rival to the south.
This series has been filled with moments and names.
Who will be that guy today? Who will make the big play? Who will be the first player to snatch that newly refurbished combat boot from the table on CSU's sideline and lift it high into the thin air of Laramie?
Time will tell.
One thing is certain, that man will become a part of the lore of the matchup forever.
Here is all you need to know -- and the links -- for Saturday's tilt in Laramie:
WHO: Colorado State (3-5, 2-2) at Wyoming (4-4, 0-4)
WHEN: Saturday, Nov. 6 at 1:30 p.m. MST
WEATHER: High of 63, low of 38, mostly sunny, winds at 20 mph
WHERE: War Memorial Stadium, Laramie, Wyo.
TV: CBS Sports Network
RADIO: Cowboy Sports Network
STREAMING: CBS Sports Network
TICKETS: UW Ticket Central
BOX SCORE: ESPN
ROSTERS: Wyoming / CSU
BETMGM ODDS: CSU -3.5 (Could be subject to change)
HISTORY: CSU leads the all-time series 59-48-5; since inception of Bronze Boot: UW 28-25
HEAD COACHES: Craig Bohl / Steve Addazio