The Cheyenne Dive Bar Test
According to Thrillist, here's how you spot a fake dive bar:
- No duct tape in the booths
- An extensive food menu
- They sell souvenir shirts
- The bathroom is comfortable
- The bartender is extremely welcoming
- Nobody stares you down when you enter
- The glassware and decor matches
- The lighting's great
- There's a great beer selection (AKA a fancy beer selection)
So this just begs for a test of Cheyenne bars - which are - and are not - dives.
(And hey, this is in no way scientific-based research, just the opinion of some guy based on some internet article, for fun)
- The Crown Bar - Absolutely a dive. Always look over your shoulder in the bathroom.
- Stanfords - Not a dive. It looks like a flea market on acid, but not divey.
- Scooter's Scoreboard's - Dive. Great Bloody Mary's.
- Alf's Pub - Almost a dive, but the restrooms and patio are too nice.
- Redwood Lounge - Dive.
- Four Winds - Dive.
- Cadillac Ranch - Not a dive. Dives serve real shots; not fancy shooters.
- Peppermill - Neighborhood bar, not fancy, but not a dive.