5 Rock Bands We’d Like To See at CFD
Congratulations, you've survived another CFD. So here's a suggestion for next year: Instead of having five country concerts and one rock show, the organizers at CFD should book two rock bands.
Here's why: there's only so many country acts that can sell 20,000 seats. And they've all played CFD before. Do we really need to see Toby Keith every other year? Here's five rock bands we think could draw a sell out crowd at the 120th Daddy of 'Em All.
1. The Eagles - Musically, they're a perfect fit for CFD; a little bit country, and a little bit rock n roll. CFD could afford to book them and they would draw a huge crowd.
2. Bob Seger - Whether or not he'll tour next year remains to be seen, but if he's on the road, Seger would be a huge show. Just like the Eagles, he appears to a diverse range of musical tastes and ages.
3. Pearl Jam - Want to attract a new audience to CFD? Booking a band like Pearl Jam would lure the cool kids and adults alike.
4. Van Halen - Their latest reunion tour stopped at Red Rocks during CFD. Had they come to Cheyenne instead, they could have played for an audience three times larger.
5. Metallica - Sure, this one would make the old timers nervous. But Metallica has more cross appeal than most folks give them credit for. A show like this could break the CFD attendance record (currently held by Jason Aldean). And honestly, 25,000 drunk headbangers are no more dangerous and unruly than 25,000 drunk cowboys. In fact, a lot of those cowboys are headbangers.
Just for fun, here's a few other bands that could rock the house at CFD: Bruce Springsteen, Fleetwood Mac, Dave Matthews, Lenny Kravitz, Foo Fighters, and The Who.